Resident Resources

How Can We help?

Community Guidelines & Resources

Where can I find the rules and regulations for my community?

The Resident Guide outlines the community guidelines for Cavalry Family Housing including information on when your BAH will start, self-help, mailbox key information, pools and trampoline guidelines.

How do I contact my Community Office?

Chaffee, Heritage Heights, McNair, Patton & Wainwright Community Office
6310 Tank Destroyer Blvd
Tel: 254 285 2251

Kouma & Montague Community Office
48810 Washington Street
Tel: 254 285 2245

Comanche I & II Community Office
51814-1 Comanche Avenue
Tel: 254 285 2243

Pershing & Venable Community Office
5649-2 Lockridge Loop
Tel: 254 285 2242

Comanche III Community Office
53301 Drum Song Trail
Tel: 254 285 2244

Are pets allowed?

Yes, we gladly welcome four-legged family members at Cavalry Family Housing! Please see the Animal Policy for more information about our pet policy and information about restricted breeds. Fort Cavazos Veterinary Center also has helpful information for your cat and dog.

Is there a Foster Option for my pets?

Yes, the Resident Advisory Board has connected Cavalry Family Housing with a tremendous resource for our families who both need to have a pet fostered and to serve as a foster home.

Need to have a pet fostered? is a 501 (c)(3) organization that supports our nation’s hospital patients and military personnel by providing free, safe, emergency foster care for their pets. Click here to apply for assistance.

Want to be a Foster for a Pet? PACT foster homes come in all shapes and sizes. Join the PACT army of civilian volunteers and sign up to be a foster parent by Clicking Here. As a Foster, Cavalry Family Housing enrollment approval will be required and can be obtained by calling (254) 523-6239.

Are there any special safety features or tips about my home or community I should know about?

We have put together a short video highlighting fire, child, water, and neighborhood safety.
Click Here to watch the video

Am I allowed to run a business from my home?

To conduct a home enterprise, you must contact consumer affairs as stated in the Army Regulation 420-37.

Are guests allowed to stay with me?

Yes, you will need to contact your community office if your guests plan to stay for longer than 30 days.

I’m going to be out of town for a while. Is there anyone who can keep an eye on my house?

We’d be happy to keep an eye on your home! Fill out a home care request form, and turn it into the Community Center office.


How do I report a maintenance issue?

If you are experiencing a maintenance issue in your home, contact the Maintenance Solution Center (MSC) at (254) 532-3133 as soon as possible. For routine service requests, you may also submit your maintenance request online

With the MSC, you can expect: 

  • Upgraded call handling and customer experience
  • US-based representatives with strong facilities knowledge
  • New call back feature offered to avoid wait times
  • Appointment notifications and reminders
  • Superior response and specialized technician assignments
Our experienced customer service agents are available for 19-hours each weekday to assist you with routine, urgent and emergency service requests. When a request occurs on a weekend or after hours, your MSC call will be handled by an automated after-hours service that puts you in direct contact with the technician who will be responding to your urgent or emergency request. Click here for more information on the MSC. 

Don’t forget to download the Lendlease US Communities App and enable notifications to receive an alert when the maintenance technician is on their way to your home!

Are any items available for pick-up by residents?

We are pleased to offer residents a convenient Self-Help Center, where you can pick-up several replacement items for your home. The center is located at 4313 Warehouse Ave & 77th and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The following items are available for pick-up:

  • AC Filters (all sizes)
  • Door Stoppers
  • Outlet Covers
  • Shower Head
  • Sink Stoppers
  • Toilet Handle
  • Toilet Flapper
  • Toilet Seats
  • Window Blinds (5 per month)
  • Light Bulbs
  • 9 Volt Batteries

Home Alterations

How do I submit a request to alter my home?

Cavalry Family Housing does allow limited modifications within the homes.
For more information on the approved colors for paint modifications, review our paint request form and click here to submit your request electronically. If you’re interested in installing a satellite dish, please review the satellite request and return the necessary paperwork.

Refuse, Recycle & Landscaping

When can I expect the trash to be picked up?

Trash Schedule

Is there a recycling program on Fort Cavazos?

Yes there is! We are excited to offer our residents the option to make a difference in the world and help the planet through the Residents Recycle Responsibly Program or R3P. This is a VOLUNTARY recycling program all residents can opt into. As a participant, you will get a 95-gallon blue recycling bin and bi-weekly pickup service in exchange for ensuring all recyclables are contamination free. The funds received from the recycle materials are then used to help support service member events on Fort Cavazos and garner opportunities for awards and recognition for your recycling efforts. CLICK HERE to download the Pledge, fill it out, and return it to your community to sign up.

When can I expect the recycling to be picked up?

Recycling pickup is provided on a bi-weekly basis.
Recycling Schedule

When is the grass cut?

Grass cutting schedule:

Comanche II
Comanche III  
Comanche II
Comanche III
Comanche I and Comanche II
Comanche III  
CFH Comanche pound, Sargent Major Circle
Comanche I  
Comanche III  
Old Patton  
Comanche and Sargent Major Circle
Austin Homes
New Patton  
Comanche III  
Patton GFOQ
New Wainwright and extension

The schedule is subject to change.

Utilities & EV Charging

Fast and Convenient Electrical Vehicle Charging

Lendlease is excited to announce it has partnered with TRO Energy Solutions (TROES) as our “Level 2” electric vehicle (EV) charging partner. Residents have requested Level 2 EV charging because it’s safe, efficient, and much quicker than other charging alternatives. In fact, Level 2 charging can take as little as 5 to 6 hours to reach a full vehicle charge.

In contrast, Level 1 charging (plugging an EV directly into a regular, home electrical outlet) is slow, inefficient, and potentially unsafe - it can take 24 hours or longer to charge a vehicle. TROES will provide Level 2 charging options for residents with an affordable monthly subscription. Due to the nature of Level 1 charging, it will no longer be allowable under the terms of a resident's lease and the Community Guidelines.

For residents with electric vehicles interested in charging their vehicle at home, TROES will install, set up, and maintain your Level 2 charging station at no cost other than an affordable monthly subscription. There are NO out-of-pocket installation, setup or maintenance costs for residents that subscribe with TROES.

Residents interested in having a Level 2 charging station installed at their home can take the following steps to engage TROES directly:

  1. Visit to begin registration or click here.
  2. Select a ChargeTime plan that is right for you. This is a direct subscription between the resident and TROES.
  3. A TROES installation specialist will call you to coordinate the installation schedule.
  4. Once the EV charger is installed, you can conveniently manage usage, billing, scheduling and more through the ChargeTime app or by directly contacting TROES.

Environmental Resources

During your leasing process we provided a Mold 101 Guide that discusses prevention, identification, and the procedure for reporting concerns to your maintenance team. Please immediately notify the Maintenance Solution Center if you discover a leak or suspect water intrusion of any kind in your home. To revisit the guide for prevention and reporting tips, please click here.

Additionally, click here to revisit the EPA’s Lead Based Paint brochure provided with your lease packet.

Departing Residents

I’m moving out. What now?

Our goal is to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. Check out our Resources for Departing Residents page for important information and details on the move-out process.

Common Questions

Does Cavalry Family Housing have a program to assist spouses when soldiers are deployed?

Yes! Click here for information on our Deployed Spouse Program. Click here for more information on our mowing program. Contact your community office with any questions. We're here to help!

Renters Insurance

Is renters insurance required?

Beginning April 1, 2023, renters insurance is required at time of move-in and must be maintained at all times during residency with Cavalry Family Housing at the expense of the resident. Renters insurance protects you from claims for property damage and physical injury caused by or to you, a member of your family or a guest while living in your home. The lease requires proof of insurance coverage meeting the minimum requirements with Cavalry Family Housing  named as an interested party at time of move-in.

Minimum Required Insurance Coverage:

  • Limits of liability in an amount of at least $100,000 per occurrence

Cavalry Family Housing strongly recommends you add property insurance to cover losses or damage to your personal belongings or the personal belongings of your family or guests. Please keep in mind that Cavalry Family Housing will not cover the loss of or damage to your personal property or the personal property of your family members or guests.

You may choose any renters insurance provider. We offer ResidentShield to residents as an easy and affordable option for renters insurance. Visit for more information or to sign up today!

If you fail to obtain and maintain liability insurance as required by your lease, you will be in violation of your obligation under the lease. For more information, click here.

Provide Feedback

Tell us how we’re doing!

Our team is committed to providing you with great customer service and community programs. Feedback you provide through SatisFacts surveys help us make improvements that are important to you. Click here to provide us with feedback about services received from our leasing, maintenance, and community teams. We also encourage you to share your ideas and suggestions to improve services and enhance community activities and programs.

Tenant Bill of Rights / Tenant Responsibilities

Click here to view a copy of the Tenant Bill of Rights.
Click here to view a copy of the Tenant Responsibilities. 

Dispute Resolution Process

What is the process to escalate a concern related to my home or community?

Informal Dispute Resolution Process – All Residents
Cavalry Family Housing takes resident concerns very seriously and desires to address and resolve any issues in a timely manner to the satisfaction of all parties involved. Click here to view a copy of our informal dispute resolution process as well as key points of contact available to assist you with your concerns.

Formal Dispute Resolution Process – Active Duty Residents
Our vision is to provide outstanding communities where military families live, work, and thrive. If you do not feel your concerns have been effectively addressed in a timely manner through the informal dispute resolution process above, a formal dispute resolution process which involves the Military Housing Office and the Installation Command has been outlined in Schedule 3 of the NDAA Universal Lease for Active Duty residents. To view the details of this program available for you or to begin the process, click here.

Click here to view the Department of The Army Memorandum CPM 600-24, Subject: Command Policy Memorandum – U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC) Universal Lease and Dispute Resolution Policy Guidance for Privatized Military Housing. This memo outlines the detailed process for Army locations.

We are committed to providing an exceptional resident experience while you call Cavalry Family Housing home. Please reach out to your community office with any questions or to escalate a concern related to your home or community.