Chaffee Village Community Development Project
In 2021, Fort Hood Family Housing announced, in
partnership with the U.S. ARMY, a five-year development plan to
include demolition of 580 legacy homes and construction of
approximately 580 new Junior Enlisted homes. The demolition project
for the 310 legacy homes in Chaffee Village is set to begin in June
2023 with expected completion by 2026.
Through our partnership with the Army, we are committed to providing housing that meets the needs of a changing military, improves their quality of life, and that they can be proud to call home. This plan will help us continue in our mission to do just that and will pave the way for future homes for Junior Enlisted families.
Questions? Please contact your community representative at (254) 285-2251 or [email protected].
What to Expect
- To prepare for this project, homes will need to be vacated to allow for demolition.
- Impacted residents will receive a relocation questionnaire via email approximately five (5) months prior to the start of their relocation to discuss needs and preferences.
- A minimum of 120 day written notice will be provided to impacted residents via email from your dedicated community representative with details on next steps for relocation. Upon notice, residents will receive a phone call from their community representative to discuss options for relocation to another FHFH home. Relocation will be based on current military housing guidelines including eligibility, family size and rank of the service member.
- To provide financial support in this relocation, we want to assure you that Fort Hood Family Housing will provide assistance with standard relocation costs for those who choose to relocate to another Fort Hood Family Housing home.
- If you have school-aged children and choose to move to another Fort Hood Family Housing home that is located in a different school zone, you will need to submit a Transfer Request online through the Killeen Independent School District (KISD) website here if you would like your children to remain in their current school.
- Relocations are expected to begin in Summer 2023 and extend through 2024.
Demolition Project Status Updates
- Project Start: Estimated Summer 2023
- Project Complete: Estimated 2025
- Check back for more updates as the project starts!